FN SCAR® 16S NRCH - FDE – 5.56x45mm NATO
The fast-handling and quick-shooting FN SCAR® 16S is upgraded with Non-Reciprocating Charging Handles. The new, dual charging handles enable any shooting position, grip style or optic choice, ensuring any braced or barrier-contact position shoots flawlessly. A rugged, monolithic upper receiver with MIL-STD-1913 rail provides space for rail-mounted accessories, and a folding buttstock fits any shooter with adjustable length of pull and cheek rest height. The FN SCAR 16S in 5.56x45mm is the benchmark for reliability and versatility from a light recoiling, piston-driven platform.
- CALIBER: 5.56x45mm
- OPERATION: Short-stroke gas piston
- MAG CAPACITY: 10 or 30 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 7.25 lb.
- BARREL LENGTH: 16.25"
- OVERALL LENGTH: 34.5" - 37"
- New bolt carrier assembly with NRCH enables any shooting position or optic choice, reduces felt recoil
- Short-stroke gas piston
- Monolithic receiver
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum
- MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock positions
- Adjustable folding front and folding/removable rear iron sights
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating barrel with compensator
- Telescoping side-folding polymer stock
- Adjustable cheekpiece
- A2-style pistol grip
- Dual, ambidextrous charging handles remain static under fire, user swappable left/right
- Ambidextrous safety lever and magazine release
- Enlarged trigger guard for easier access when wearing gloves
- Steel body
- Low friction follower